Thursday, September 9, 2010

how to get target keyword in seo

When I set out to publish a page on the Internet, I already know well in advanced the primary keyword phrase I am looking to target in the search engines. In this article, my aim is to teach you how to target primary keyword phrases in the search engines by publishing uniquely written content. For me, I am a blogger and one who chooses to use WordPress as my choice blog publishing software.

WordPress is widely supported and increasingly growing in popularity. With that being said though, it really doesn’t matter too much as far as what program you use towards publishing content on the Internet. What really matters though, is how you go about it. For me, WordPress happens to cover pretty much all the bases I need with only a few minor tweaks to the program and the current template being used.

Here is what I do to assure that I am able to successfully target the primary keyword phrases that I am aiming for in a web page, or in my case, a blog post. Firstly, I have to identify choice keyword phrases to target. This requires research as I don’t want to waste time attempting to target keyword phrases that have too strong of a competition, nor do I want to invest time into targeting keyword phrases that no one searches for.

The ideal keyword phrase to target is one that has a very low amount of competition while also having a high number of monthly searches. The ability to spot out keyword phrases like this come with experience or just natural ability. Many people simply use software to aid them in keyword research. For me, I use both my natural ability and experience coupled with software to assure the most accurate level of keyword predictability. If using software appeals to you, I would recommend checking out WordTracker as well as Micro Niche Finder. SEOHosting.com provides some really nice free SEO Tools as well as a 7 day trial offer on WordTracker.

Once you have figured out the primary keyword phrase that you want to target, the rest is a snap. It is really just a matter of using the exact keyword phrase as your web page title, making sure that the same phrase is used again wrapped in

or

tags and then used again twice in your web page or blog post content. Don’t purposely make your content feel spammy and for sure, don’t over saturate your content with the keyword phrases that you are targeting. The best thing to do is just write naturally and allow your writing talents to kick in.

After that, then the final step is getting that page indexed in the search engines. The time it takes to index depends on the age of the site, how easily the content is accessible to the web crawler and how often the web crawler visits your site for updates. If it takes a longer period of time to index, you may consider setting up a sitemap.xml file. A sitemap.xml file is basically a road map for search engines to quickly find your newly published content. A sitemap.xml file works both on blogs as well as regular static web sites.

Regards,
Senthilkc

No comments:

Post a Comment